Can you ask the Court for early termination of probation? If you are interested in getting off probation, please make sure that the following apply to you:
1) You are halfway done with probation.
2) You are on probation for a non-violent offense, or if a violent offense, it is no higher than a second-degree felony and you had no prior (or very minimal) criminal history prior to going on probation.
3) You have had ZERO probation violations.
4) You are paid up with Probation and have satisfied all monetary conditions.
5) You have successfully completed all conditions of probation, including satisfying your restitution in full.
By no means is this an all-inclusive list, but it is close. In my experience, if you have met all 5 conditions, you are a good candidate for early termination of probation.
Eric Matheny is a criminal defense attorney who assists clients with obtaining early termination of probation in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, and Palm Beach County.