Miami-Dade County Murder/Manslaughter Defense Lawyer
Facing Murder Charges in South Florida
One of the most serious crimes you can be charged with is murder or manslaughter. This crime carries the ultimate penalties of life in prison or the death penalty if convicted. If you find yourself facing this charge it is crucial you waste no time in contact a highly experienced Miami-Dade County murder and manslaughter attorney to represent you. Law enforcement spends more time investigating a murder or manslaughter charge than almost any other type of crime. Their case will be aggressively put together, with prosecutors eager to close their case with a conviction.
To defend you against these charges you will need a skilled Miami-Dade County murder defense lawyer that has the resources and experience to mount a strong defense on your behalf. Independent investigation of all the evidence brought against you must be done by your legal counsel in order to pick apart the prosecutor's case. Attorney Eric Matheny is a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor and knows exactly what lengths and procedures the prosecutors will go to in order to convict. Working with that knowledge, he will be able to determine the best legal strategies for your defense.
Degrees of Murder/Manslaughter in Miami-Dade County
The charge of murder can be in varying degrees, depending on the intent and the severity of the crime.
- Below are listed the different charges that may be imposed:
- 1st Degree Criminal Homicide: This is considered murder and is the death of someone else with premeditation. This charge can also be incurred if a felony is committed which unwittingly results in someone's death.
- 2nd Degree Criminal Homicide: Also considered murder, this is the killing of another without premeditation but still intentionally.
- Voluntary Manslaughter: Manslaughter, in general, involves acts involving the death of someone without premeditation, but acting in "the heat of passion" or under provocation.
- Involuntary Manslaughter: When someone is unintentionally killed due to carelessness, such as in the handling of firearms or vehicles and is known as criminal negligence.
Personal Attention to Detail Throughout Your Case
Penalties for any of these charges are harsh, ranging from numerous years in prison, to life or even the death penalty. When facing these types of charges, you will want to retain a law firm that will provide you with the personal attention you will need in this type of case. Our legal team can aggressively fight for your freedom, and give you a level of commitment to relentlessly defend your rights. We are proud to help residents of Miami-Dade County, Broward County, and Palm Beach County.
Don't risk your freedom! Contact Miami-Dade murder defense attorney Eric Matheny for your murder/manslaughter charge defense.
“Eric is a great lawyer.”- Former Client
“In a stressful and confusing time Eric was like a breeze of fresh air.”- Camila
“If you want the best look no further.”- Michael