Skip to Content
South Florida Criminal Attorney
Free Case Evaluation 305-504-6655 | 305-542-9491

Surrendering On A Warrant or Probation Violation

Aggressive Trial Attorney With a Reputation for Success

If you have an outstanding warrant, you may want to speak with your criminal defense attorney about surrendering in court on the warrant instead of turning yourself in to law enforcement.

An in-court surrender may result in the judge releasing you from the courtroom.  It may also help you to avoid going into custody if the matter can be resolved right then and there (say for a technical violation of probation).

Warrants can be issue for new cases, existing cases (failure to appear/bench warrant/alias capias) or for a violation of probation.

Speak with an attorney before making any decisions.  This can help you avoid sitting in jail.

Eric Matheny is a criminal defense attorney serving clients with warrants in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach.