Skip to Content
South Florida Criminal Attorney
Free Case Evaluation 305-504-6655 | 305-542-9491

Can You Modify Community Control?

Aggressive Trial Attorney With a Reputation for Success

When you are placed on community control, there may be significant restrictions placed upon you.  You may not be able to leave your house except for pre-approved work or school.  Something as mundane as walking out to the mailbox could result in a violation.

Typically, community control, also known as house arrest, may last for one or two years.  But just like early termination from probation, it may be possible to ask the court to modify your community control sentence by converting your remaining community control sentence to reporting probation.

Probation is much less restrictive than community control.

Normally the same rules apply to modifying community control as those that apply to terminating probation early.  You should have no violations and you should be in compliance with all conditions, including being up to date on your monetary conditions.

As well, you should be at least halfway done with your community control term.

If you are on community control in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, or Palm Beach County, and are interested in modifying your term so that you can serve reporting probation instead, please contact me.