Skip to Content
South Florida Criminal Attorney
Free Case Evaluation 305-504-6655 | 305-542-9491

Can I Get My Gun Back After My Case Has Been Closed?

Aggressive Trial Attorney With a Reputation for Success

For the most part, yes.


1) You agreed to forfeit (give up) the gun as part of a plea agreement;

2) You have been adjudicated guilty, or convicted, of a felony and cannot legally own or possess a firearm; 

3) You are on probation and you cannot own or possess a weapon or firearm as a condition of your probation;

4) You are otherwise legally prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm (previously convicted felon or you currently have an open Domestic Violence Injunction in place);

If none of those situations apply to you and your sentence is over (probation has been completed) or your case was dismissed, you may be able to get your firearm back from the police department that took it.

If your criminal case was in Miami-Dade County or Broward County and you want to see about retrieving your firearm back from the police department, contact me.